Tip of the Day
Tips to Eat “Your Way”
The National Nutrition Month® 2013 theme, "Eat Right, Your Way, Every Day," encourages personalized healthy eating styles and recognizes that food preferences, lifestyle, cultural and ethnic traditions and health concerns all impact what you reach for when you’re hungry.
Make sure your weight management plan is truly "Your Way" by asking if it includes:
- Foods from all five food groups
- The right number of servings from each group
- Food you enjoy eating
- Foods you can buy at your supermarket
- Some of your favorite foods
- Foods that fit your budget and lifestyle
- Regular physical activity or exercise.
If the answer is "yes" to all the questions, you're eating right "Your Way."
Consult a registered dietitian in your area who can develop a personalized weight management plan that meets your personal needs, and learn more about how to Eat Right, Your Way, Every Day, by visiting our Nutrition Education Resource page.
Receive the Tip of the Day RSS Feed!
Reviewed January 2013