Tip of the Day
A great way to intensify the flavors of fish is with high-heat cooking techniques like broiling. Not familiar with your broiler and cooking something delicate like fish under it? Follow these simple tips to broil the perfect fish:
- Think of broiling as upside down grilling because the heat is coming from above instead of below.
- Line a baking dish with foil and spray with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- If your fish has skin, lay it skin side down.
- Put in the oven about four to five inches away from the broiler.
- You will know when it is done when the flesh is opaque and flaky and your food thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
Visit our How Do I video library to learn more basic preparation and cooking techniques from broiling fish to coring an apple and stripping kale.
Receive the Tip of the Day RSS Feed!
Reviewed December 2012