Tip of the Day
5 Ways to Get Moving
The cold temperatures outside are no excuse to skip physical activity. Everyday activities count toward your day’s total if they’re done with moderate intensity and can be done indoors. Aim for 10 minutes of physical activity at a time.
- Do housework: wash the windows, vacuum or shampoo the carpet, clean the floors, dust under the beds.
- At work, use a rest room at the other end of your office so you have a longer walk.
- Rent an exercise DVD instead of a movie for your next at-home date night.
- Make homemade bread. Knead the dough by hand, not with a bread machine or food processor.
- Engage in physical activity and play around the house with your kids and grandkids, such as dancing, hula hooping, jump roping or a game of hide-and-seek.
For more information on leading a healthier lifestyle, consult a registered dietitian in your area and read more about how to Get Moving.
Receive the Tip of the Day RSS Feed!
Reviewed December 2012