Tip of the Day
Cruising to Stay on Track
Cruise ships are well known for an endless array of decadent buffets. Don’t throw your healthy eating habits overboard when you embark on a cruise. Instead, be the cruise director of your nutrition and physical activity while sailing the open sea.
- Use the ship’s outer deck as a running or walking track
- Take advantage of the ship’s fitness center, pool or workout classes
- Many cruise lines now offer lighter fare so check out all of the menus offered before choosing what to eat
- Can’t resist indulging in one of the midnight buffets? Balance it by eating less at other meals throughout the day
- Remember, just because your meals are prepaid, doesn’t mean you have to eat everything
For more information on eating healthfully away from home, consult a registered dietitian in your area and visit our Eating Out section.
Receive the Tip of the Day RSS Feed!
Reviewed November 2012