Tip of the Day
The Resolution that Works
Every year, millions of Americans make New Year's resolutions to lose weight and eat right. Make 2013 the year you keep your resolutions and reach your goals with the help of a registered dietitian. Below are some of the many reasons why the one resolution you should make this New Year is to seek the expert advice of a registered dietitian.
- You have prediabetes and want to stave off diabetes. A registered dietitian can change your life by teaching you skills that will help you lose and keep off weight and keep diabetes at bay.
- Your community has high levels of obesity. A registered dietitian can work with public health, government, school and other local leaders to create wellness programs that promote healthful eating and physical activity for everyone.
- You want to improve your performance in sports. A registered dietitian can help you set goals to achieve results — whether you’re running a marathon, skiing or jogging with your dog.
- You realize you need to feed your family healthier foods but you do not cook. A registered dietitian who has special culinary skills can teach you how to cook in a simple, convenient way.
- Your teenager has issues with food and eating healthfully. A registered dietitian can assist with eating disorders like anorexia, bulimia and overweight issues.
- You just had your first child, are concerned the baby is not eating enough and need help and confidence for breastfeeding. A registered dietitian can provide guidance and assurance that you and your infant are getting enough iron, vitamin D, fluoride and B vitamins.
- Your mother, who is increasing in age, wants to stay in her home. A registered dietitian leading a local congregate dining and home-delivered meals program can obtain a nutrition screening to make sure this happens.
For more information on how to lead a healthier lifestyle, consult a registered dietitian.
Receive the Tip of the Day RSS Feed!