Tip of the Day
Black Friday Nutrition Tips
The unofficial start of the holiday shopping season – commonly referred to as "Black Friday" – is just a few days away. People everywhere will start their day standing in line at 4 a.m. and shop till they drop. Get the most bang for your nutrition buck on Black Friday by planning meals and snacks in advance.
- Grab a sandwich on your way out the door made with your leftover turkey on whole-grain bread with spinach, tomato (or whatever veggies you have in the house) and mustard or low-fat mayonnaise.
- Pack individual servings of unsalted nuts like almonds, walnuts, peanuts or pecans, to have in your pocket while on the go.
- Fill up on prewashed fruits like apples, bananas and grapes.
- Pack your purse with granola bars or single-serve packages of whole-grain cereal.
- Bring a large bottle of water to drink throughout the day.
For more information on healthy snacking on the go, visit our Eat Right Nutrition Tips section.
Receive the Tip of the Day RSS Feed!