Tip of the Day
Need Breakfast Advice?
If you are on the road travelling for business, it may be difficult to find healthy and nutritious options. In fact, a hearty breakfast of eggs, bacon, hash browns, toast with butter, fruit juice and coffee can total up to more than 685 calories and 40 grams of fat. For a more nutritious start to your day, try ordering one of these options:
- Fresh fruit, small bagel with jam, low-fat or fat-free milk
- Ready-to-eat dry cereal (low in added sugar), grits or oatmeal with low-fat or fat-free milk, fresh or dried fruit, a handful of nuts, coffee or tea
- Low-fat yogurt, whole-wheat English muffin with spread served on the side, fruit juice or fresh fruit, coffee or tea
- Whole-wheat pancakes or waffles topped with fruit, and hot cocoa made with low-fat milk
- One poached egg, whole-wheat toast with jam, a half of a grapefruit, and fat-free milk
- Vegetable omelet made with egg whites or an egg substitute (consider a side of Canadian bacon, whole-wheat toast and a fat-free coffee latte)
For more information on leading a healthier lifestyle, consult a registered dietitian in your area and visit our Eat Right Nutrition Tips.
Receive the Tip of the Day RSS Feed!