Tip of the Day
Five Ways to Enjoy More Fruits and Vegetables
Building a healthy plate is easy when you make half of your plate fruits and vegetables. Get flavor and texture from colorful fruits and vegetables, as well as vitamins, minerals and fiber. Make 2 cups of fruit and 2½ cups of vegetables your daily goal.
Here are five ways to eat more fruit and vegetables:
- Place a bowl of fresh, colorful fruit for an easy snack-on-the-go.
- Double the vegetables in soups, salads, pastas, sandwiches, pizzas, casseroles or other recipes.
- Shred, grate or puree vegetables and mix into recipes like meatloaf, mashed potatoes, pasta sauce or rice dishes.
- Try a new vegetable each week in traditional recipes.
- Instead of bread or tortillas, make your next wrap inside a leafy green and stuff with your favorite chopped vegetables.
For more tips on eating more fruits and vegetables, consult a registered dietitian in your area and visit our Eat Right Nutrition Tips section.
Receive the Tip of the Day RSS Feed!