Tip of the Day
Grilling for Good Health
It's grilling season and many of us are looking for new foods to grill instead of the typical griller items like hamburgers, hot dogs and chicken. Grilling is a great way to cook foods with minimal fat. This season, try grilling some fruits and vegetables you wouldn't have thought to grill:
- Sliced watermelon, mangos, peaches, bananas and pineapples
- Avocados cut in half, brushed with olive oil
- Eggplant with olive oil and lemon juice
- Portabella mushrooms
- Tomatoes for salsa or in a salad
- Romaine lettuce for a grilled salad
Remember to practice the proper grilling safety by visiting our Outdoor Dining page. For more information on how to reduce your risk for food poisoning whether grilling or in the kitchen, visit www.homefoodsafety.org.
Receive the Tip of the Day RSS Feed!