Tip of the Day
Take Me Out to the Ballgame
Summer is a great time for a family outing to the ballpark. Tailgating and time spent at the game doesn't mean you have to indulge in unhealthy treats. Skip the traditional hot dogs, peanuts, buttery popcorn and nachos, and opt for some healthier options.
Try these healthy options at your next tailgate:
- Hummus with carrots, celery or whole-grain, baked pita chips
- Vegetables with a yogurt veggie dip
- Whole-grain tortilla roll ups with low-fat cheese, salsa, avocado and black beans
- Pasta salad made with whole-grain pasta, low-fat dressing, cucumbers, olives and low-fat cheese
- Lean meat sandwiches on whole-grain bread with spinach, tomato, onion and low-fat dressing
While at the ballpark, scope out all your options instead of grabbing the nearest food you see. Some low-fat options include pretzels with mustard, Italian ice or low-fat frozen yogurt.
For more ideas on healthy summer foods, visit the Eating Out section and consult a registered dietitian in your area.
Receive the Tip of the Day RSS Feed!