Tip of the Day
Shaving Calories — It's Easy!
Extreme diets and intensive exercise regiments may work well at first, but they rarely last over the long term. You are more likely to stick with smaller changes over time, so shaving a few calories here and there will have a more positive impact on health than drastic changes.
Healthy weight is about balancing food intake with physical activity. Most of us could improve our energy balance by shaving just 100 calories a day off our usual intake.
- Lighten up your favorite coffee drink with non-fat milk and sugar-free syrup.
- Enjoy raw vegetables with salsa or fat-free ranch dip instead of chips.
- Trim all fat from beef, pork and chicken. Remove the skin from poultry.
- Avoid drowning your food in gravy or dipping sauces.
- Cut back on sweets, candies and soft drinks.
- Limit beer, wine and other alcoholic beverages.
For more smart nutrition information, consult a registered dietitian in your area and check out the Ways to Shave Calories page.
Receive the Tip of the Day RSS Feed!