Tip of the Day
It's the First Day of Summer — Get Outside!
A busy schedule doesn't always translate into an active lifestyle. This summer, make an effort to really up your game. Help your children be active and stay fit before they head back to school.
- Get off the phone and walk and talk with friends in person.
- Turn off your TV and computer video games! Play tennis, go rollerblading, hiking or dancing instead.
- Shut down your computer and sign up for a community summer sports team or register and begin training for a 5K walk/run.
- Volunteer for community service at a community garden, home-building project, community clean-up or summer camp.
- Baby-sit and take the kids to a park or on a bike ride.
Getting active helps reduce the risk of chronic health problems later in life. Encourage your children to engage in at least 30 minutes of physical activity most days of the week.
For more information on how to get your kids active, visit the Move section and consult a registered dietitian in your area.
Receive the Tip of the Day RSS Feed!