Tip of the Day
The Most Famous Berry Is Back in Town
Sweet strawberry season has arrived. In addition to their sweetness, strawberries are packed with vitamin C and are a rich source of antioxidants and folic acid. Strawberries are a versatile fruit and taste great on their own or mixed with other fruits and vegetables. Try some of these suggestions:
- Dip strawberries in low-fat or fat-free vanilla yogurt.
- Add slices of strawberries to a summer salad and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Chop into small pieces and mix with red onion and avocado to make a fresh salsa.
- Blend ½ cup strawberries, banana and low-fat yogurt for a delicious smoothie.
- Dip strawberries into melted, dark chocolate.
For tips on how to eat more fruits and vegetables, visit our Eat Right Nutrition Tips section or consult a registered dietitian in your area.
Receive the Tip of the Day RSS Feed!