Tip of the Day
Listen Up, Men! How Does Your Plate Rate?
This week is Men's Health Week, the perfect time to raise awareness of preventable health problems and encourage early detection through health screenings.
Transforming your eating plan is a great place to start:
- Eat moderate amounts of a variety of foods.
- Choose a diet low in fat, saturated fat and cholesterol.
- Cut the fat by choosing low-fat or fat free milk; lean meat, fish and skinless poultry; fruits, vegetables and whole grains; and baked, broiled, steamed or roasted dishes.
- Limit margarine, butter, oils and shortenings, salad dressing, whole milk, regular cheese, fried foods, and rich desserts.
- Eat whole grains, vegetables and fruits.
- Shake the salt habit. Compare foods by reading the nutrition facts label and choose foods lower in sodium.
- Drink alcoholic beverages in moderation.
For more information on men's health, consult a registered dietitian in your area and visit our Men's Health page.
Receive the Tip of the Day RSS Feed!