Tip of the Day
Eat Protein to Build Lean Muscle Mass
Have you ever wondered if you need a protein supplement, especially if you workout or are physically active? It turns out that if you are healthy, you probably get all the protein you need from your everyday meals and snacks.
It is a good idea to vary your lean protein sources and if you follow a vegetarian or vegan diet, going "meat-less" doesn't mean low-protein. Here are some ideas for varying your protein sources:
- Legumes such as beans, peas and lentils
- Seeds, nuts and nut butters
- Extra-lean beef, turkey or chicken
- Fish such as tuna, salmon or shrimp
- Eggs, yogurt and cheese
- Soy-based foods like tofu or meat replacements like tempeh
Visit a registered dietitian in your area.
Receive the Tip of the Day RSS Feed!