Tip of the Day
Eat Like a European?
Research has shown following a Mediterranean-inspired diet reduces your risk of heart disease. This diet is a heart-healthy eating pattern based on the traditional foods and cooking styles of the countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea.
This diet places an emphasis on:
- Plenty of exercise and enjoying meals with others.
- Eating fish or shellfish at least twice a week.
- Eating plant-based foods like fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and nuts.
- Replacing butter with healthy, liquid fats like olive oil.
- Using herbs and spices instead of salt to flavor foods.
- Small portions of red meat.
- Red wine, in moderation, if appropriate.
For more information on a healthy eating plan that works for you, consult a registered dietitian in your area and check out our Eat Right Nutrition Tips section.
Receive the Tip of the Day RSS Feed!