Tip of the Day
Call It Quits on Cleaning Your Plate
Do you have the habit of cleaning your plate at every meal? USDA's MyPlate recommends you enjoy your food, but eat less and avoid large portions.
- Use smaller plates, bowls and glasses.
- Once in a while, fill your plate with measured portion sizes to get a feel for how much you should be eating.
- Take smaller bites and chew longer to savor food.
- Refrain from second- and third helpings.
- Fill up on a leafy-green salad or vegetable soup before the main course.
For other tips on how to eat less, consult a registered dietitian in your area and visit ourTips for Eating Out page.
Receive the Tip of the Day RSS Feed!