Nutrition Q & A
What is Registered Dietitian Day?
Today is the fifth annual Registered Dietitian Day created by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics to commemorate the dedication of RDs as advocates for advancing the nutritional status of Americans and people around the world. As the nation's food and nutrition experts, registered dietitians are committed to improving the health of their patients and community.
- Registered Dietitians are the food and nutrition experts who can translate the science of nutrition into practical solutions for healthy living.
- Registered Dietitians have degrees in nutrition, dietetics, public health or a related field from well-respected, accredited colleges and universities, completed an internship and passed an examination.
- Registered Dietitians use their nutrition expertise to help individuals make unique, positive lifestyle changes.
- Registered Dietitians work throughout the community in hospitals, schools, public health clinics, nursing homes, fitness centers, food management, food industry, universities, research and private practice.
- Registered Dietitians are advocates for advancing the nutritional status of Americans and people around the world.