Tip of the Day
End National Nutrition Month with a Bang
National Nutrition Month is coming to a close, so use what you've learned to eat healthfully throughout the whole year. "Get Your Plate in Shape" by following a balanced nutrition plan, which will help you to continue to eat healthy for the rest of your life.
- Make half your plate fruits and vegetables.
- Eat red, orange and dark-green vegetables such as tomatoes, sweet potatoes and broccoli in main and side dishes.
- Snack on fruit, vegetables or whole grains.
- Switch to fat-free or low-fat milk.
- Make at least half your grains whole.
- Vary your protein food choices.
- Twice a week, make seafood the protein on your plate.
- Eat beans, which are a natural source of fiber and protein.
- Keep meat and poultry portions small and lean.
For more information on how to eat healthfully for life, consult a registered dietitian in your area. For videos, tips, games and other resources to help you "Get Your Plate in Shape," visit eatright.org/nnm.
Receive the Tip of the Day RSS Feed!