Tip of the Day
Vacationing and Healthful Eating
Are you taking a vacation to escape the cold winter months? With a few tips, it's easy to maintain a healthful eating plan while on vacation and still enjoy new and exciting foods:
- Sample small amounts of high-calorie foods and share large-portioned meals.
- Space meals throughout the day.
- Engage in some type of physical activity, even if it is just walking while sightseeing.
If your family plans on road tripping to your destination, remember to:
- Pack a cooler with fresh fruits or vegetables for snacks.
- Bring canned or boxed 100-percent fruit juice or bottled water.
- Keep deli sandwiches, bean or pasta salad in a well-packed cooler for quick lunches.
For more information on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle, consult a registered dietitian and visit our Eat Right Nutrition Tips.
Receive the Tip of the Day RSS Feed!