Tip of the Day
To celebrate Heart Month, take the time to evaluate your diet and make sure you are eating plenty of heart-healthy foods.
Foods to include for cardiovascular health:
- Omega-3 fatty acids: salmon, tuna, olive oil or flaxseed
- Beans: black, kidney or red beans
- Nuts: almonds or walnuts
- Whole grains: brown rice, oatmeal or whole-grain pasta
- Vegetables: spinach, broccoli, asparagus, tomatoes or red bell peppers
- Fruits: blueberries, oranges, cantaloupe or papaya
Those are just some suggestions, and there are plenty of other varieties of heart-healthy foods. Try out different foods and find which ones you like the best.
For help on creating a nutritious and heart-healthy diet, consult a registered dietitian in your area, and visit our Heart Health and Diet section.
Receive the Tip of the Day RSS Feed!