Tip of the Day
Squeeze Physical Activity Into Your Day
A busy work schedule and hectic family life might make it seem impossible to find time for physical activity. Making time for physical activity will promote good health and help prevent heart disease, diabetes and other health complications.
Here are some tips to get more physical activity in your day:
- Walk the dog.
- Clean the house or wash the car.
- Play with the kids.
- Do stretches, exercises or pedal a stationary bike while watching television.
- Get off the bus or subway one stop early and walk the rest of the way.
- Replace a coffee break with a walk.
- Take part in an exercise program at work or a nearby gym.
For more information on how to lead a healthier lifestyle, consult a registered dietitian in your area and check out our Eat Right Nutrition Tips.
*Reminder: New name, same commitment to your nutritional health. The American Dietetic Association is now the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
Receive the Tip of the Day RSS Feed!