Tip of the Day
How to Stick to a New Resolution
With the New Year, while many of us want to lead a healthier lifestyle, a hectic schedule, cold winter and a lack of motivation all seem to get in the way. Starting today, follow some of these simple steps toward a healthier you:
- Make specific goals: Instead of saying, "I want to start working out more," say, "I will do 30 minutes of physical activity per day."
- Limit yourself: Stick to one resolution instead of a few.
- Post reminders: Hang up a written reminder of your resolution in a visible place.
- Take action: Sign up for a gym membership or start adding more fruits and veggies to your meal plan immediately.
- Start making healthy choices: If your goal is to eat less "junk food," find a healthy snack you enjoy instead.
For more information on how to lead a healthier lifestyle, consult a registered dietitian in your area and visit our Eat Right Nutrition Tips.
*Reminder: New name, same commitment to your nutritional health. The American Dietetic Association is now the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
Receive the Tip of the Day RSS Feed!