Nutrition Q & A
How Long Can I Safely Eat Thanksgiving Leftovers?
If you have refrigerated your leftovers in shallow containers within two hours of cooking, follow this guide.
- Use refrigerated cooked turkey within three to four days. Use stuffing and gravy within one to two days.
- Eat leftover casseroles and cooked vegetables within three to four days.
- Finish fruit and cream pies within two to three days and cheesecake within seven days.
- Regardless of how many days have passed: If in doubt, throw it out!
- Reheat leftovers to 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Bring leftover gravy to a steady boil on the stove before serving it a second time
Learn More About This Topic
Holiday Food Storage »