Nutrition Q & A
What Can I Add to Hot Cereal for More Flavor and Nutrition?
A bowl of hot cereal is a quick option for a busy morning especially when the weather turns colder. To give your hot cereal a dash of added flavor:
- Use fat-free milk or fruit juice in place of water
- Add grated cheese, chopped nuts or dried fruit
- Mix in applesauce or other fruit purees
- Top with fresh fruit like strawberries or bananas
- Add whole-grain or bran cereal for a little crunch
- Spice it up with cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice or cloves
Make hot cereal even simpler by preparing it in a mug for desktop dining at the office. Start your day the healthy way – with breakfast.
Learn More About This Topic
Power Up with Breakfast »