Nutrition Q & A
What Should I Choose if a Vending Machine is My Only Food Option for a Quick Snack?
When you need to refuel between meals and a vending machine is your only option, look for foods that provide some nutrition, not just calories.
Here are some suggestions:
- Small bag of pretzels, peanuts, almonds or trail mix
- Fat-free or reduced-fat popcorn
- Whole-wheat crackers with peanut butter or cheese
- Whole grain granola or cereal bars
- Graham or animal crackers
- 100% fruit or vegetable juice
- Dried fruit such as raisins, cranberries, apricots
- Microwaveable soup or oatmeal
Learn More About This Topic
Smart Snacking for Adults and Teens »