Nutrition Q & A
What are Some Quick, Healthy Snacks for Kids?
Here are some quick and healthy snack ideas your kids will enjoy–not only eating–but helping you make.
- Mix together ready-to-eat cereal, dried fruit and nuts in a sandwich bag for an on-the-go snack.
- Make snack kabobs. Put cubes of low-fat cheese and grapes on mini pretzel sticks.
- Spread celery sticks with peanut butter or low-fat cream cheese. Top with raisins. Enjoy the “ants on a log.”
- Sprinkle grated Monterey Jack cheese over a corn tortilla; fold in half and microwave for twenty seconds. Top with salsa.
- Mini pizza: Toast an English muffin. Drizzle with pizza sauce and sprinkle with low-fat mozzarella cheese.
- Finger foods you can dip are also great on-the-go options. Try pita chips and hummus, baby carrots and low-fat ranch dressing, or apple slices and low-fat yogurt.
Learn More About This Topic
25 Healthy Snacks for Kids »