Nutrition Q & A
"Nutrition From the Ground Up" — What Does Your National Nutrition Month® Theme Mean?
An easy way to focus on eating better is to start with the basics: build your nutritional health from the ground up. Start slowly and give yourself a good foundation as you work toward a healthier life.
- Focus on Fruits and Vegetables — Add a serving each day and increase it every few weeks.
- Look Locally — Try farmers' markets and community-supported agriculture.
- Make Calories Count — Focus on foods with more vitamins and minerals.
- Test Your Taste Buds — Try a fish you haven't eaten before, or find a new vegetable recipe.
- Trick Yourself with Treats — A healthful diet doesn't mean deprivation. If you have a sweet tooth, have fruit and yogurt for dessert.
Learn More About This Topic
National Nutrition Month® website »
National Nutrition Month® blog »
Improve Your Nutrition from the Ground Up »