Nutrition Q & A
My Kids Never Seem to Want to Go Outside and Play. How Much Exercise do My Kids Need Each Day?
Children and teens should get at least 60 minutes of physical activity each day. Here are some tips for getting your kids moving:
- Race to see who can build the biggest snowman.
- Organize outdoor games, sled races or winter obstacle courses.
- Enjoy a snowball fight or build a snow fort when it's cold outside.
- Go hiking or snowshoeing on a nature trail.
- Take walks around the neighborhood to see the holiday lights; or go caroling after dinner.
- Host a car or dog washing stand to clean off the winter mud (if it is warm enough.)
Learn More About This Topic
Tips to Keep Your Children Active »