Nutrition Q & A
How Can I Exercise if I Don't Have a Gym Membership?
Despite this common misconception, there are actually many fun activities you can do without paying for a monthly gym membership. Here are just a few to get you started:
- Cleaning your house
- Mowing the lawn or raking the leaves
- Riding a bike
- Playing tennis, basketball or volleyball at a local park
- Renting exercise DVDs from your local library
- Downloading free or low-cost exercise videos from the Internet
- Walking or jogging
- Using ankle weights throughout your day
- Playing outside with your neighbors, kids or pets
Exercise doesn't have to be a chore. It should be a fun activity that you incorporate into your day. Be creative and get moving!
Learn More About This Topic
Sports & Exercise