When did National Nutrition Month® begin?
National Nutrition Month (NNM) actually started as National Nutrition Week in 1973. Interest and excitement grew, and National Nutrition Month was inaugurated in 1980.
Read about the history »
Our organization would like to promote National Nutrition Month. What are some ways we can use the graphic?
Here are some permitted uses of the graphic.
- School menus
- Invitations to an NNM event
- Educational flyers
- PowerPoint presentation for a NNM event
- Tickets for raffle prizes promoting NNM
Examples of NNM graphic uses that are not permitted:
- The graphic cannot be used on any items for sale.
- The graphic cannot be used on items to be given away that are already available in the catalog such as T-shirts, mugs, table tents, sticky notes, and many others. Please see our catalog at www.eatright.org/nnm.
- Only Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (formerly the American Dietetic Association) Affiliates and Dietetic Practice Groups may include the NNM graphic on their websites. However, your organization may link to www.eatright.org/nnm.
- The term "National Nutrition Month®" and its graphic cannot be used to promote companies, services or products not associated with the Academy. The words must never be altered in any way. (Example: XYZ Burgers would not be permitted to place the graphic on its menu.)
For complete details on use of the National Nutrition Month® graphic, see the Guidelines. If you have any questions or would like to request the graphic, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and include the following information:
- Contact name, e-mail address and phone number
- Describe how you plan to use the graphic
Do you sell things such as T-shirts and mugs?
Yes. View the online catalog at www.eatright.org/nnm.
Our organization has a very limited budget. Do you have any free materials?
We have a number of free, downloadable materials on our website, in the Nutrition Education Resources section. You may print these and copy for free distribution at your events. Consider using the National Nutrition Month graphic to create flyers promoting a special nutrition presentation by an RDN in your area. Send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instead of the National Nutrition Month graphic, may we use the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics "Eat Right" logo?
No. Use of the Academy logo is not permitted by any entity other than the Academy.
Since we cannot use the National Nutrition Month graphic on our website, may we link to eatright.org?
Yes, you may link to our site. You may also provide the direct link to the National Nutrition Month® site at www.eatright.org/nnm.
Can we make a banner with the National Nutrition Month graphic?
Banners are available in the National Nutrition Month catalog. View the online catalog at www.eatright.org/nnm.
We would like to rent a billboard in our town and display the National Nutrition Month graphic and slogan. Can you help us with a graphic for that?
Yes. Send your request to email@example.com