The Land of the Peach and Home of the Braves! Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics 2014 Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo Comes to Atlanta
Media Contacts: Ryan O'Malley, Allison MacMunn
800/877-1600, ext. 4769, 4802 email@example.com
CHICAGO – Addressing the importance of global nutritional health, the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is bringing its premier food and nutrition event to the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, October 18 to 21.
The 2014 Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo™ gathers food, nutrition and health care professionals from around the world for four days of learning, debating and networking, all in the interest of improving the nutritional health of all people.
FNCE® brings together more than 8,000 registered dietitian nutritionists, nutrition science researchers, policy makers, health-care providers and industry leaders for cutting-edge nutrition science research and educational presentations, lectures, debates, panel discussions and culinary demonstrations, along with more than 350 food and nutrition-related exhibitors.
"The nutritional health of Americans is one of the most pressing issues facing our country today," said registered dietitian nutritionist and Academy President Sonja Connor. "By gathering registered dietitian nutritionists and dietetic technicians, registered, alongside the world's most innovative researchers, health professionals and food companies at our annual conference, we are able to create the ideal atmosphere for sharing information and developing solutions to improve the health and lifestyles of people across the country and the globe."
For the news media, the Academy’s annual conference is the best opportunity to meet and hear directly from leading sources on the latest in nutrition science research and its everyday applications; current developments in policy and legislation; food and nutrition education trends; and the hottest and newest products to hit the marketplace.
Eligible journalists are welcome and encouraged to cover the Academy’s conference. To pre-register for media credentials, visit www.eatright.org/fnce/media. For more information, call 800/877-1600, ext. 4769 or 4806, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Highlights of the Academy's 2014 Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo include:
- Saturday, October 18, and Monday, October 20: Pre-FNCE Workshops and Excursions include tours of Atlanta's renowned botanical garden and aquarium, a food photography and styling session and school nutrition boot camp, where attendees will explore the requirements, resources and best practices necessary to enhance the quality of school meals. Advance registration by September 5 is required, no exceptions.
- Saturday, October 18: Opening Session. Academy President Sonja Connor will speak on the organization’s priorities, initiatives and future outlook. Keynote speaker Peter Diamandis's "Creating an Age of Abundance: Understanding Humanity's Future" will explore how human need—water, food, energy, health care, education, communication and freedom—is being affected by powerful technologies such as synthetic biology, robotics, biotechnology and medicine.
- Saturday, October 18: The Academy Foundation's Nutrition Symposium, "The RDNs Guide to Plentiful, Nutrient Dense Food for the World" will address the enormous impact of macro- and micro-nutrient deficiencies on health and societies in underdeveloped countries, and identify evidence-based challenges and opportunities to nutritiously feed a growing world population.
- Sunday, October 19: Expo Hall Opening. Meet face-to-face with company representatives to get updates on the latest technologies, discover new and innovative products and services, and uncover emerging trends in the nutrition industry.
- Monday, October 20: Kids Eat Right Gala. Enjoy a legendary evening of gourmet food, spectacular entertainment and dancing during the social event of the conference. Mingle with industry professionals, Academy leaders and peer industry leaders all while supporting the Foundation and its efforts to reduce childhood obesity.
- Tuesday, October 21: Closing Session. Olympic gold medalist and entrepreneur Adam Kreek will outline the key techniques to maximize personal potential, thrive in team settings and constructively deal with uncertainty during "Managing Change Successfully: Overcome Obstacles to Achievement."
Details on these and all FNCE sessions and events are available at www.eatright.org/fnce.
All registered dietitians are nutritionists – but not all nutritionists are registered dietitians. The Academy’s Board of Directors and Commission on Dietetic Registration have determined that those who hold the credential registered dietitian (RD) may optionally use “registered dietitian nutritionist” (RDN) instead. The two credentials have identical meanings.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is the world’s largest organization of food and nutrition professionals. The Academy is committed to improving the nation’s health and advancing the profession of dietetics through research, education and advocacy. Visit the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics at www.eatright.org.