Current version: 1.5.0
RD Rating: 3
JATX Tech, LLC
Age rating: 4+
Compatibility: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
Requires iOS 3.1 or later.
Reviewed by: Jessica Crandall, RD, CDE
Synopsis of the App
The Find Me Gluten Free app lists restaurants ratings and reviews based on how gluten-friendly the businesses are in the area. This makes it easier for those suffering from celiac disease and gluten intolerance to find gluten-free menus and restaurants. This app is designed for travelers to find restaurants with a complete gluten-free menu, gluten-free ingredients or a restaurant that will cater to gluten-free customers. Businesses are tagged with special gluten-free features they offer, such as pizza, pasta or bread.
- Clearly organized with tabs that lead to chain restaurant menus and a search for local businesses
- Very good for those who travel, can search for restaurant by location or by address
- Contains local and chain restaurants
- Provides gluten-free menu for restaurants, as well as their website and information to the company
- Limited reviews from users on restaurants
This app has potential for consumers who are looking for nearby restaurants that offer gluten-free options. However, it does not tell them what they should try, avoid or consume. It needs to provide review criteria to make it more relevant to gluten-free consumers. More ratings need to be posted before I could recommend clients to use this app.
Jessica Crandall, RD, CDE, a registered dietitian with expertise in behavior and lifestyle modification, is a Spokesperson for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.