Current version: 1.6.30
RD Rating: 2 Stars
Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Age rating: 12+
Compatibility: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
Requires iOS 3.0 or later.
Reviewed by: Sarah Krieger, MPH, RD, LD/N
Synopsis of the App
A very large app with everything from joining an online community (support group), following the Weight Watchers plan step by step, using interactive tools, finding local meetings and creating shopping lists.
- Lots of featured recipes with photos
- Interactive cheat sheets with visuals for choosing healthier pizza and cocktails options (only the pizza and cocktails cheat sheets are available without a membership to Weight Watchers)
- The ability to create a shopping list based on the featured recipes
- Weight loss success stories and helpful tips and articles are featured.
- The app is slow to load and occasionally crashes.
- Must be a Weight Watchers member to use many tools and sections, including to track points, calculate points values, search food options, meals and recipes, track your weight and see your progress in an interactive chart.
Without being a member of Weight Watchers, you get only recipes, articles on various food and exercise topics, success stories and access to a few cheat sheets. Being a member means you pay a monthly fee.
Sarah Krieger, MPH, RD, LD, a registered dietitian with expertise in weight management and nutrition education, is a Spokesperson for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.