Current version: 2.5.3
RD Rating: 4 Stars
Age rating: 4+
Compatibility: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
Requires iOS 3.0 or later.
Reviewed by: Sarah Krieger, MPH, RD, LD/N
Synopsis of the App
This app is a fitness and food tracker for people looking to lose a half-pound to 2 pounds per week or to maintain weight. Keep track of your daily consumption by keeping a log of calories, carbohydrates, fat and protein consumed. Daily meal plans customized for your goals are available, as well as a weigh-in page that graphs your weight and progress over time.
- Easy to log in foods for the day; nice visuals of Nutrition Facts for all foods.
- Extensive list of exercises and database of more than 1 million foods.
- Counts backwards with goals for calories, carbohydrates, fat and protein for the day.
- Keep track of your workouts and calories burned.
- Monitor your progress by viewing a weigh-in page that graphs your weight and progress over time.
- Saturated fat, sodium and fiber are not tracked in the daily total. Other apps allow you to track this, which is a nice feature, especially if you are trying to manage weight, high blood pressure, heart disease and/or diabetes.
This is a great app; the only issue I have is that it only includes calories, carbohydrates, fat and protein. I would recommend it for tracking these consumed throughout the day; however, I would recommend using this app under the guidance of an RD to track the amount of sodium, saturated fat, fiber and other important nutrients that may be crucial to monitor for disease management.
Sarah Krieger, MPH, RD, LD, a registered dietitian with expertise in weight management and nutrition education, is a Spokesperson for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.