Current version: 1.0.4
RD Rating: 4 Stars
Artificial Life, Inc.
Age rating: 4+
Compatibility: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
Requires iOS 3.2 or later.
Reviewed by: Marisa Moore, MBA, RD, LD
Synopsis of the App
GluCoMo is an electronic diary and reminder system for people with diabetes. It allows users to track blood sugar levels, insulin intake and other health components like blood pressure and weight, activity and pulse.
- Provides for specific activity entry and includes setting for time and intensity
- A graphical depiction of the day is easily accessed by changing the iPhone orientation to landscape from any screen.
- Allows the user to set automatic reminders for any task
- Profile inputs available in kg/lbs and cm/ft
- The app automatically calculates the user’s BMI.
- Links to the World Health Organization’s website for diabetes information within the app
- Push notifications are available.
- No advertisements
- Requires registering as a new user (providing email address and security questions) before accessing the app
- Food entry is limited to carbohydrate intake only with no specific food selections. Entry is limited to the closest 5 grams of carbohydrate for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.
While it doesn't include a complete meal tracker, GluCoMo is an easy-to-use app that would be useful for anyone looking to track the numbers and improve his or her diabetes management. It’s attractive and user-friendly design will keep people coming back.
Marisa Moore, MBA, RD, LD, a registered dietitian with expertise in diabetes, is a Spokesperson for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.