American Dietetic Association Brings the World of Food and Nutrition to San Diego
Media Contacts: Ryan O'Malley, Allison MacMunn
800/877-1600, ext. 4769, 4802 email@example.com
CHICAGO – The world's largest annual meeting of food and nutrition professionals, the American Dietetic Association's 2011 Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo, will be held September 24 to 27 in San Diego, Calif.
FNCE attracts more than 10,000 registered dietitians, nutrition science researchers, policy makers, health-care providers and industry leaders for four days of cutting-edge nutrition science research and educational presentations, lectures, debates, panel discussions and culinary demonstrations, along with more than 350 food and nutrition-related exhibitors.
"ADA's annual conference provides a great opportunity for registered dietitians and our colleagues in the food and nutrition professions to come together to learn, network and develop stronger and more effective ways of helping Americans eat well and be healthy," said registered dietitian and ADA President Sylvia Escott-Stump.
"The health of our nation is of utmost concern to the American Dietetic Association, and registered dietitians everywhere remain committed to providing consumers with the trusted, science-based food and nutrition information they need to lead healthy lifestyles."
For the news media, ADA's annual conference is the best opportunity to meet and hear directly from the experts on the latest in nutrition science research; current developments in public policy and legislation; research and product developments from exhibitors; and the most recent consumer food and nutrition education initiatives. Journalists are welcome and encouraged to cover ADA's conference. To pre-register for media credentials, visit www.eatright.org/fnce. For more information, call 800/877-1600, ext. 4769 or 4806, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Highlights of ADA's 2011 Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo include:
- Saturday, September 24: Opening Session. ADA's President Sylvia Escott-Stump will speak on the Association's latest accomplishments and initiatives. The keynote speaker will be Nancy Brinker, founder of Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Drawing on 25 years of experience of transforming a living room operation into the world's largest grassroots network of breast cancer survivors and activists, Brinker will share the leadership lessons that every executive and employee needs to know to build a company, energize teams, strengthen their brand and institutionalize a "Culture of Innovation" that allows organizations to stay ahead of the competition and achieve world-class results.
- Sunday, September 25: Expo Hall Opening. Exhibitors from corporations, government agencies and nonprofit organizations will showcase specialized food products, food delivery equipment, alternative health-care delivery, cooking products, publications, educational innovations, food management products and solutions, and much more.
- Monday, September 26: Member Showcase. Featuring "The Great Sweetener Debate: Nutritive and Non-nutritive Sweeteners," the Member Show will feature a lively point-counterpoint debate on the latest science related to sweeteners and their impact on health. Speakers include Barry Popkin, PhD, and moderator Theresa Nicklas, DrPH.
- Monday, September 26: ADA's Research Symposium. Nutrition science research with particular relevance to the dietetics profession will be showcased, from new and emerging electronic technologies and applications to helping parents develop healthy eating strategies for children.
- Tuesday, September 27: Closing Session. Keynote speaker Jack Canfield, best-selling author of the Chicken Soup for the Soul series, will speak on "The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be." Canfield will address ways in which professionals can take on bigger challenges and create greater achievement, greater impact and more measurable on-the-job performance.
Details on these and all FNCE sessions and events are available in the conference Program Preview.