American Dietetic Association Foundation Names 2011-2012 Directors
Media Contacts: Ryan O'Malley, Allison MacMunn
800/877-1600, ext. 4769, 4802 email@example.com
Editors: Please note local interest.
CHICAGO – The American Dietetic Association Foundation has named its Board of Directors for 2011-2012. The 13-member board is responsible for strategic planning, fundraising and grant-making activities and fiscal management for the Chicago-based ADA Foundation, the philanthropic arm of the American Dietetic Association.
The ADA Foundation’s new directors for 2011-2012 are:
- Ethan A. Bergman, PhD, RD, CD, FADA, Ellensburg, Wash., associate dean and professor of food science and nutrition, Central Washington University; and president-elect of the American Dietetic Association
- Dennis M. Bier, MD, Houston, Texas, professor of pediatrics and director of the USDA Children’s Nutrition Research Center and program director of the NIH General Clinical Research Center, Baylor College of Medicine
- Joyce Ann Gilbert, PhD, RD, LD, Northridge, Calif., executive director of the Marilyn Magaram Center for Food Science, Nutrition and Dietetics, California State University – Northridge
- Kathleen W. McClusky, MS, RD, FADA, Winter Springs, Fla., consultant, Morrison Management Specialists
- Robert Murray, MD, Columbus, Ohio, professor in the Department of Pediatrics, the Ohio State University School of Medicine
- Mary K. Russell, MS, RD, LDN, Chicago Ill., director of clinical nutrition, University of Chicago Medical Center.
Returning directors of the ADA Foundation for 2011-2012 are:
- Patricia M. Babjak, MLIS, Chicago, Ill., chief executive officer, American Dietetic Association
- Sonja L. Connor, MS, LD, RD, Portland, Ore., research associate professor in the division of endocrinology, diabetes and clinical nutrition, Oregon Health & Science University
- Judith L. Dodd, MS, RD, FADA, LDN, Gibsonia, Pa., consultant, University of Pittsburgh School of Health and Rehabilitation Services; corporate nutritionist, Giant Eagle Supermarkets
- Meghan E. Glenz-Windham, RD, LD, Georgetown, Texas, senior account executive and nutrition specialist, Fleishman-Hillard Inc.
- Diane W. Heller, MMSc, RD, LD, Marietta, Ga., consultant, Nutrition Solutions
- Barbara J. Ivens, MS, RD, FADA, Omaha, Neb. (chair), senior nutrition director, ConAgra Foods
- Michael Neuwirth, White Plains, N.Y., senior director of public relations, The Dannon Company and Danone Waters of America.
The American Dietetic Association Foundation is a 501(c)3 charity devoted exclusively to nutrition and dietetics. It funds scholarships and awards, public awareness and research projects and ADA strategic initiatives and is the largest provider of scholarships and awards in the field of dietetics. The Foundation’s mission is advancing public health and nutrition utilizing the expertise of registered dietitians. Visit the ADA Foundation at www.eatright.org/foundation.
The American Dietetic Association is the world’s largest organization of food and nutrition professionals. ADA is committed to improving the nation’s health and advancing the profession of dietetics through research, education and advocacy. Visit the American Dietetic Association at www.eatright.org.