American Dietetic Association Names 2011-12 Board of Directors
Media Contacts: Ryan O'Malley, Allison MacMunn
800/877-1600, ext. 4769, 4802 firstname.lastname@example.org
Editors: Please note local interest.
CHICAGO – Seventeen national leaders in nutrition, medicine, industry and public health will serve as the 2011-12 Board of Directors of the American Dietetic Association, the world’s largest organization of food and nutrition professionals. The Board is responsible for strategic planning, policy development and fiscal management for the Association.
Members of ADA’s 2011-12 Board of Directors will serve from June 1 to May 31, 2012. They are:
- Sylvia A. Escott-Stump, MA, RD, LDN, Winterville, N.C., President
Escott-Stump is the dietetic internship director at East Carolina University.
- Ethan A. Bergman, PhD, RD, FADA, CD, Ellensburg, Wash., President-Elect
Bergman is associate dean in the College of Education and Professional Studies and professor of food science and human nutrition at Central Washington University.
- Lucille Beseler, MS, RD, LDN, CDE, Margate, Fla. Director-at-Large
Beseler is the president and owner of Family Nutrition Center, Family Nutrition Communications and the nonprofit Family Nutrition Foundation.
- Pamela J. Charney, PhD, RD, Mercer Island, Wash., House of Delegates Director
Charney is an affiliate associate professor of pharmacy at the University of Washington, an adjunct assistant professor at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey and a consultant in nutrition informatics.
- Evelyn F. Crayton, EdD, RD, LD, Auburn, Ala., Director-at-Large
Crayton is an extension assistant director in the Alabama Cooperative Extension System and a professor in the College of Human Sciences’ department of nutrition and food science at Auburn University.
- Joe Derochowski, MBA, Chicago, Ill., Public Member
Derochowski is the executive director of The NPD Group Inc.’s Food and Beverage Services.
- Becky Dorner, RD, LD, Akron, Ohio, House of Delegates Speaker-Elect
Dorner is president of Becky Dorner & Associates Inc. and Nutrition Consulting Services Inc.
- Linda T. Farr, RD, LD, San Antonio, Texas, House of Delegates Director
Farr is the owner of Nutrition Associates of San Antonio.
- Mary P. (Trisha) Fuhrman, MS, RD, LD, FADA, CNSD, Ballwin, Mo., Speaker, House of Delegates
Fuhrman is a nutrition support specialist with Coram Specialty Infusion Services.
- James R. Gavin III, MD, PhD, Fayetteville, Ga., Public Member
Gavin is chief executive officer and chief medical officer of Healing Our Village Inc. and clinical professor of medicine and senior advisor of health affairs at Emory University.
- Barbara J. Ivens, MS, RD, FADA, Omaha, Neb., ADA Foundation Chair
Ivens is senior nutrition director for ConAgra Foods.
- Glenna McCollum, PhD, MPH, RD, Chandler, Ariz., Past-Speaker, House of Delegates
McCollum is the president of Chandler University and an advisor and consultant for PHYCO Biosciences Inc.
- Judith C. Rodriguez, PhD, RD, FADA, LDN, Jacksonville, Fla., Past-President
Rodriguez is a professor of nutrition in the department of nutrition and dietetics at the University of North Florida.
- Mary K. Russell, MS, RD, LDN, Chicago, Ill., Treasurer
Russell is the director of nutrition services at the University of Chicago Medical Center.
- Elise A. Smith, MA, RD, LD, Brandon, Miss., House of Delegates Director
Smith is the director of clinical services for Nutrition Systems.
- Kathleen M. Zelman, MPH, RD, LD, Marietta, Ga., Director-at-Large
Zelman is the director of nutrition for WebMD.
- Patricia M. Babjak, MLIS, Chicago, Ill., ADA Chief Executive Officer
Babjak has been ADA’s chief executive officer since 2009. She joined ADA in 1975.
Full biographies and photos of the members of ADA’s Board of Directors are available by emailing email@example.com.