American Dietetic Association Foundation Names 2010-2011 Directors
Media Contacts: Ryan O'Malley, Allison MacMunn
800/877-1600, ext. 4769, 4802 email@example.com
CHICAGO – The American Dietetic Association Foundation has named its Board of Directors for 2010-2011. The 13-member board is responsible for strategic planning, fundraising activities and fiscal management for the Chicago-based ADA Foundation, the philanthropic arm of the American Dietetic Association.
The ADA Foundation’s 2010-2011 directors are:
- Patricia M. Babjak, MLIS, Chicago, Ill., chief executive officer, American Dietetic Association
- Sonja L. Connor, MS, LD, RD, Portland, Ore., research associate professor, division of endocrinology, diabetes and clinical nutrition, Oregon Health & Science University
- Judith L. Dodd, MS, RD, LDN, Gibsonia, Pa. (chair), consultant, University of Pittsburgh School of Health and Rehabilitation Services; corporate nutritionist, Giant Eagle Supermarkets
- Robert Earl, MPH, RD, LD, Atlanta, Ga., global nutrition and health policy director, The Coca-Cola Company
- Ellyn C. Elson, RD, Napa, Calif., president, FocusGreen
- Sylvia A. Escott-Stump, MA, RD, LDN, Greenville, N.C., dietetic internship director, East Carolina University, and President-elect, American Dietetic Association
- Meghan E. Glenz, RD, Brenham, Texas, account executive, Fleishman-Hillard Inc.
- Diane W. Heller, MMSc, RD, LD, Marietta, Ga., consultant, Nutrition Solutions
- Barbara J. Ivens, MS, RD, FADA, Newaygo, Mich., senior nutrition director, ConAgra Foods Inc.
- Chor-San Khoo, PhD, Camden, N.J., senior science fellow, office of science affairs, Campbell Soup Co.
- Robert W. Langholz, JD, Tulsa, Okla.
- Kathleen W. McClusky MS, RD, FADA, Winter Springs, Fla., patient services consultant, Morrison Healthcare Food Services
- Michael Neuwirth, North White Plains, N.Y., senior director of public relations, Dannon Company Inc.
The American Dietetic Association Foundation is a 501(c)3 charity devoted exclusively to nutrition and dietetics. It funds scholarships and awards, public awareness and research projects and ADA strategic initiatives and is the largest provider of scholarships and awards in the field of dietetics. The Foundation’s mission is funding the future of the dietetics profession through research and education. Visit the ADA Foundation at www.eatright.org/foundation.
The American Dietetic Association is the world's largest organization of food and nutrition professionals. ADA is committed to improving the nation’s health and advancing the profession of dietetics through research, education and advocacy. Visit the American Dietetic Association at www.eatright.org.