American Dietetic Association Names 2010-11 Board of Directors
Media Contacts: Ryan O'Malley, Allison MacMunn
800/877-1600, ext. 4769, 4802 email@example.com
Editors: Please note local interest.
CHICAGO – Eighteen national leaders in nutrition, medicine, industry and public health will serve as the 2010-11 Board of Directors of the American Dietetic Association, the world’s largest organization of food and nutrition professionals. The Board is responsible for strategic planning, policy development and fiscal management for the Association.
Members of ADA’s 2010-11 Board of Directors will serve from June 1 to May 31, 2011. They are:
- Judith C. Rodriguez, PhD, RD, FADA, LDN, Jacksonville, Fla., President
Rodriguez is a professor of nutrition in the department of nutrition and dietetics at the University of North Florida.
- Ethan A. Bergman, PhD, RD, FADA, CD, Ellensburg, Wash., Past-Speaker, House of Delegates
Bergman is associate dean in the College of Education and Professional Studies and professor of food science and human nutrition at Central Washington University.
- Christina K. Biesemeier, MS, RD, FADA, LDN, Franklin, Tenn., Director-at-Large
Biesemeier is director of the clinical nutrition department at Vanderbilt University Medical Center and Monroe Carell Junior Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt.
- Pamela J. Charney, PhD, RD, Mercer Island, Wash., House of Delegates Director
Charney is an affiliate associate professor of pharmacy at the University of Washington.
- Evelyn F. Crayton, EdD, RD, LD, Auburn, Ala., Director-at-Large
Crayton is an extension assistant director in the Alabama Cooperative Extension System and a professor in the department of nutrition and food science at Auburn University.
- Judith L. Dodd, MS, RD, FADA, LDN, Pittsburgh, Pa., ADA Foundation Chair
Dodd is an adjunct assistant professor of clinical dietetics at the University of Pittsburgh and a food and nutrition advisor to the Giant Eagle supermarket chain.
- Sylvia Escott-Stump, MA, RD, LDN, Winterville, N.C., President-Elect
Escott-Stump is the director of the dietetic internship and didactic programs at East Carolina University and the owner of the consulting firm Nutritional Balance.
- Mary P. (Trisha) Fuhrman, MS, RD, LD, FADA, CNSD, Ballwin, Mo., House of Delegates Director
Fuhrman is national director of nutrition for DCRX Infusion.
- James R. Gavin III, MD, PhD, Fayetteville, Ga., Public Member
Gavin is chief executive officer and chief medical officer of Healing Our Village Inc. and clinical professor of medicine and senior advisor of health affairs at Emory University.
- James E. Lucas, PhD, MA, Chicago, Ill., Public Member
Lucas is executive vice president and director of the shopper marketing division at Draftfcb Chicago.
- Kathleen W. McClusky, MS, RD, FADA, Winter Springs, Fla., Treasurer
McClusky is a patient services consultant for Morrison Management Specialists.
- Glenna McCollum, DMOL, MPH, RD, Chandler, Ariz., Speaker, House of Delegates
McCollum is an advisor and consultant for Phyco Biosciences Inc. and chief executive officer of the Chandler Education Foundation.
- Jessie M. Pavlinac, MS, RD, CSR, LD, Oregon City, Ore., Past-President
Pavlinac is director of clinical nutrition at Oregon Health & Science University Hospitals and Clinics and senior instructor at OHSU’s School of Medicine.
- Mary Pat Raimondi, MS, RD, St. Paul, Minn., House of Delegates Director
Mary Pat Raimondi is program director for health and nutrition at the University of Minnesota Extension.
- Mary K. Russell, MS, RD, LDN, Chicago, Ill., Treasurer-elect
Russell is the director of nutrition services at the University of Chicago Medical Center.
- Elise A. Smith, MA, RD, LD, Brandon, Miss., House of Delegates Director
Smith is the director of clinical services for Nutrition Systems Inc.
- Kathleen M. Zelman, MPH, RD, LD, Marietta, Ga., Director-at-Large
Zelman is director of nutrition for WebMD.
- Patricia Babjak, MLIS, Chicago, Ill., ADA Chief Executive Officer
Babjak has been ADA’s chief executive officer since 2009. She joined ADA in 1975.
The American Dietetic Association is the world’s largest organization of food and nutrition professionals. ADA is committed to improving the nation’s health and advancing the profession of dietetics through research, education and advocacy. Visit the American Dietetic Association at www.eatright.org.