Women's Health Perfect Body Diet
By Cassandra Forsythe, MS Reviewed by Angela Ginn-Meadow, RD, LDN, CDE
The Perfect Body Diet guarantees weight loss within six to eight weeks without hunger by customizing an eating and exercise plan for a woman's specific body type.
The Perfect Body Diet follows a few simple guidelines:
- Calculating the right weight for your body
- Finding the best diet (of two options provided) for your body type
- Following the 14-day meal plan and taking a fiber supplement up to three times a day to suppress your appetite
- Eating six small meals each day without deprivation
- Choosing the exercise plan for your body shape
- Focusing on how your body feels as opposed to fixating on the scale.
Nutrition Pros and Cons:
The book offers two diet options: "Greens & Berries" or "Grains & Fruit." The meal plans -- which are centered on fruit and vegetables, lean protein sources and low-fat dairy -- provide 1,600 calories per day and are rich in antioxidants, fiber, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids and mono/polyunsaturated fat. The exercise is a combination of cardiovascular and resistance training and detailed pictures of how to perform each exercise are included.
The Perfect Body Diet is a weight-loss diet that encourages a variety of high-fiber foods to satisfy your appetite and incorporates physical activity. The supplementation of glucomannan for appetite suppression is not recommended by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and may have potential negative health effect, but the book does touch on some better strategies on eating for satiety. I would recommend the meal plan portion of this book.