Nutrition Informatics Video Challenge
Deadline: September 30, 2013 5 PM Eastern
The Nutrition Informatics Video Challenge is intended to showcase how
Academy members are using informatics in their area of practice
The best video, as determined by other Academy members, will win an
- This challenge is for any member of the Academy
of Nutrition and Dietetics or be submitted by a member.
- The video must be between 1 and 2 minutes in
- The video must address three areas:
- Demonstrate innovative ways you use nutrition
informatics, defined as the intersection of nutrition, information and
- Teach a concept that you think most Academy
members should know.
- Encourage our members to use informatics to
problem solve nutrition issues and concerns.
- The video must be creative and contain original
- Video must use sound, innovative informatics
- Content must represent evidence based nutrition
- Products or services cannot be promoted in the
- The Academy name, acronym or logo should not be
included in the video.
- Teams should submit their video either of two
(but not both) methods:
By emailing a YouTube link of
your video to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By emailing videos less than 2
MG to email@example.com.
(Videos larger than this will not be considered if submitted via e-mail.)
13. Name and contact information should be included
in the message to the e-mail address above and can also be included in the
Each member will be required to sign a waiver stating that the Academy
has the right to use the submitted video footage for the Nutrition Informatics
Video Challenge and for future Academy projects or promotional materials. A core team from the Nutrition Informatics
Committee (NIC), NIC Sub-Committee and the Consumer Health Informatics Work
Group will review all submissions to ensure each video meets the stated
requirements and to determine the top three finalists.
The top five videos will be aired at the Genius Zone- Nutrition
Informatics Booth (Booth 1352) throughout FNCE.
GRAND PRIZE: The Academy will award an iPad to the top winner at FNCE2013
in Houston. If the winner is not
present, they will be contacted via e-mail or phone number provided with the