The Commission on Dietetic Registration has established a scholarship fund through the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics for registered dietitians who are enrolled in a doctoral degree program in dietetics or dietetics-related field. Ten scholarships of $10,000 each will be awarded in 2014.
Students enrolled in the following types of Doctoral Degree program are eligible to apply:
- Doctorate in Clinical Nutrition (DCN)
- Doctor of Research (PhD) or Doctor of Science (ScD or DSc)
- Doctorate in Education (EdD)
- Doctorate in Public Health (DrPH)
- RD at the time of the award
- Either full-time or part-time student
- Admitted to or enrolled in, full or part-time, a US regionally accredited college or university doctoral program whose content has a relationship to dietetics
- Demonstrate a commitment to further the dietetics profession through teaching and/or research in the US and its territories
- A US citizen (The Commission recognized that it is difficult for non-citizens to get work permits, etc., particularly for healthcare practitioners.)
If you are a doctoral student and have already completed the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation Scholarship Application found on the Academy Member only website, you will be included in the pool of applicants for the CDR Scholarship.
CDR Scholarship Application - MS Word
CDR Scholarship Application - PDF
Completed scholarship applications must be postmarked no later than February 15, 2014 and addressed to:
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
120 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 2000
Chicago, IL 60606
Committee members review all applications. Recipients are selected in May. Applicants are notified in June.