Attention: Call for Student Hosts will open August 1st, 2014
The Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo™ (FNCE®) provides several networking events and educational sessions targeted to student members. To encourage student attendance, 40-60 student members in the eligible states listed below have the opportunity to serve as FNCE® Student Hosts.
All Student Hosts receive complimentary FNCE® registration in exchange for providing event assistance (for seven to nine hours) during the conference. Those who are not selected as a Student Host will receive the early bird registration discount. If applicants do not meet all Student Host requirements, your application will automatically be declined.
FNCE® 2014 will be held October 18th – 21st in Atlanta, Georgia. Students located in the following state(s) are eligible to apply for student host:
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
- Complete and submit the online application per the "Apply Now" link located on the top of this page.
*Please Note: the call for Student Hosts will not open until August 1st, 2014.
- All applications must be submitted by August 29th, 2014.
- 40-60 Student Hosts will be randomly selected from the eligible states listed above.
- Fifty-percent (50%) of hosts will be randomly selected from the host state, Georgia, and 50% will be selected from all other eligible states.
Student Host Applicant Requirements:
- Be enrolled full-time for the fall 2014 semester in an approved pre-professional curriculum or graduate program.
- Be a student member of the Academy in 2014 -2015 (Membership will be verified by us during the first week of September after membership renewals).
- Be located in one of the 10 states listed above.
Important Dates and Deadlines
|August 1, 2014
||Call for 2014 FNCE® Student Hosts Opens
|August 29, 2014
||Deadline to Submit Student Host Applications
|September 5, 2014
||Notifications of Student Hosts Acceptance and Non-acceptance are Sent
|October 18-21, 2014
||2014 FNCE® – Atlanta, Georgia
Important: For applicants who have paid prior to receiving an acceptance / non-acceptance notification, you will be refunded the full amount, or the discounted amount, which ever applies. For those who plan to pay after receiving notification, will receive the full comp registration code, or an early bird discount code, which ever applies.
At previous conferences, Student Hosts participated in but are not limited to:
- Registration – Assist in preparation of registration materials, including unpacking and stuffing of attendee registration bags (casual attire)
- Workshops – Collect attendee tickets, direct seating flow, distribute handouts, distribute and collect evaluation forms, and return materials to Academy Speakers Ready Room
- Runners – Assist Academy staff in Speakers Ready Room, Information Booth, and Headquarters Office, monitor late handout distribution and sponsorship materials
For questions, contact Joseph LasCola at firstname.lastname@example.org