The Student Host Application Is Now Closed
Notification of acceptance status will be sent electronically on September 6, 2013
The Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo (FNCE) provides several networking events and educational sessions targeted to student members. To encourage student attendance, 40-60 student members in eligible states have the opportunity to serve as FNCE Student Hosts. All Student Hosts receive complimentary FNCE registration in exchange for providing event assistance (for seven to nine hours) during the conference.
The 2013 FNCE will be held October 19-22 in Houston, Texas. Students located in Texas or any of the following states are eligible to apply for host positions:
- New Mexico
Host applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be considered for a Student Host position:
- Be enrolled full-time for Fall 2013 in an approved pre-professional curriculum or graduate program
- Be a student member of the Academy in 2013 -2014.
- Be located in one of the 10 states listed above.
40-60 Student Hosts will be randomly selected to receive complimentary student member registration for the 2013 FNCE in return for 7-9 hours of on-site work.
Fifty-percent (50%) of hosts will be randomly selected from the host state, Texas, and 50% will be selected from other eligible states.
Submit the online application between August 5-30, 2013 per the online application link on this page. Be sure to provide your Academy Member number. (Membership will be verified by us during the first week of June after membership renewals.)
All applicants will be notified on, or before, September 6 via e-mail of their acceptance or non-acceptance into the Host program.
- DO NOT REGISTER FOR FNCE UNTIL YOU HAVE RECEIVED AN ACCEPTANCE OR NON-ACCEPTANCE LETTER.
- Anyone who applies (must meet the application criteria) and is not accepted will be sent registration instructions to receive the early bird discount.
- No travel, incidental or lodging expenses are covered.
- Application deadline is Friday, August 30.
At previous conferences, Student Hosts participated in:
- Registration – Assist in preparation of registration materials, including unpacking and stuffing of attendee registration bags (casual attire)
- Workshops – Collect attendee tickets, direct seating flow, distribute handouts, distribute and collect evaluation forms, and return materials to Academy Speakers Ready Room
- Runners – Assist Academy staff in Speakers Ready Room, Information Booth, and Headquarters Office, monitor late handout distribution and sponsorship materials
Questions? Contact Caitlin Peters at email@example.com