- The program planner is the primary contact for any information pertaining to the session.
- The program planner is responsible for completing and submitting the online proposal on or before Friday, November 15, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. (Central).
- Additional Tips:
- Prior to session submission, contact all speakers to verify they agree to potential participation. Because the actual date and time of the session cannot be provided in advance, ask for the speaker's availability the week of the conference and then confirm, pending acceptance.
- Defer the final confirmation of all financial arrangements and negotiations to the Academy Professional Development Team. Please read the Academy Speaker Reimbursement and Benefits section for more information
Please review speaker benefits with your recommended speakers prior to proposal submission and acknowledge your review on the submission form.
- Responsible for on-site moderation of the session, ensuring timeliness while maintaining the flow of the session, conducting a question and answer period at the end of the presentation, and completing a brief session questionnaire.
- May also be the Program Planner or you may assign another individual.
- A volunteer position at FNCE® and receives no benefits for participation.
- Can present up to 5 slides to help frame the educational session.
- Must have a strong, demonstrated lecturing experience, practice area or research expertise noted in the one-page bio submission.
- State, regional and/or national speaking experience is required.
- Highly established experts in their field — recently published, presented, and/or possess extensive practitioner knowledge in a specialized subject area.
- Must present for at least 30 to 40 minutes to be eligible for an honorarium, if available, and other possible speaker benefits.
- Must be an established expert in the given area in order to qualify for honorarium consideration.
- The Academy is committed to ensuring that the number of culturally diverse speakers will continue to increase.
- The Academy may recommend, modify or require alternative speaker(s) prior to any session acceptance.
- Important! The Committee for Professional Development and the Academy request strong consideration and utilization of "new experts" and Academy members who have not spoken at FNCE® for at least the past two years.
- A maximum of 2 speakers are allowed for a 90-minute session.
- The program planner must use at least one Academy member expert speaker for each proposed session.
- The Academy strives to continually demonstrate direct working and learning relationships between allied health, business and other professionals with RDNs and DTRs. Please specify any nonmember proposed with a brief justification on submission form.
- All proposed speakers who are eligible for Academy membership, must be active Academy members, in order to be considered for acceptance. Please verify membership is active with proposed speakers.