Opening Session: "Humanitarian Work: It Will Change Your Life"
Speaker: Betty Nguyen
Saturday, October 19
4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
From her fearless pursuits as an award-winning journalist to her work as a humanitarian in the poorest regions of the world, Nguyen demonstrates how a passionate work ethic, ownership of one's diversity and a commitment to helping those in need provide a sense of purpose to life that can't be duplicated.
- CBS News anchor and correspondent
- Award-winning journalist
- 2007: Smithsonian Institute recognition as the first Vietnamese-American to anchor a national television news broadcast in the US.
- 2003: Regional Emmy Award for "Outstanding Noon Newscast"
- 1998: Associate Press Award for breaking news coverage
- Co-founder of Help the Hungry, a non-profit organization that provides humanitarian aid to poverty-stricken families
Member Showcase: "UNthink: Rediscover Your Creative Genius"
Speaker: Erik Wahl
Monday, October 21
10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Creativity is in all of us. We simply need to rediscover the keys that will unlock our potential. Get ready to reframe your thinking so that new creative actions become possible, allowing you to display all of your talents and energies, not just the ones you’ve been using so far.
- Internationally recognized graffiti artist, author and entrepreneur.
- Pulling from his history as both a businessman and an artist, Erik has become one of the most sought-after corporate speakers today.
- Erik’s on-stage painting seamlessly becomes a visual metaphor to the core of his message.
- His list of clients includes AT&T, Disney, London School of Business, Microsoft, FedEx, Exxon Mobil, Ernst & Young and XPrize
- Erik has even been featured as a TED presenter.
Closing Session: "The Intersection of Social Media and Healthcare: Empowering Consumers"
Speaker: Jeff Arnold
Tuesday, October 22
2 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Jeff Arnold, the innovator behind Sharecare, WebMD, Forbes Travel Guide and HowStuffWorks, strives to simplify the search for quality healthcare information and provides consumers with resources to make smart health choices and live healthier lives.
- Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Sharecare, a leading health and wellness social network launched in October 2010 by Arnold and Dr. Mehmet Oz in partnership with Harpo Studios, Sony Pictures Television and Discovery Communications
- Chairman of Forbes Travel Guide and originator of the prestigious Five Star ratings, which has provided comprehensive ratings and reviews of hotels, restaurants and spas since 1958 and recently launched a new social travel platform, Startle.com
- 2013: Inducted into the Technology Hall of Fame of Georgia for his work in helping millions of people find targeted content on the Internet