Advance media registration for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics 2013 Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo opens June 1. The Academy's meeting will be October 19-22 at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, Texas.
Journalists may also register on-site in the Press Room (320 A-C) during hours of operation (see below).
Media credentials, complimentary registration for the 2013 Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo and access to the Press Room are reserved for working members of the media who are employed by established news organizations and websites.
Press Room facilities include a media-only work area and PCs with Internet access. Wireless Internet access is available throughout the building. Photocopying and shipping services are available through the convention center’s business center.
Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo press kits, programs, Academy press releases, samples of Academy publications, media guides and other Academy materials will also be available in the Press Room.
Press Room Hours (All Times Eastern)
- Saturday, October 19: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., for registration and credential pick-up only
- Sunday, October 20: 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Monday, October 21: 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 22: 7:45 a.m. to noon.
Criteria for Receiving Media Credentials
All requests for media credentials are subject to the approval of the Academy’s Strategic Communications Team. The Academy reserves the right to refuse credentials to any individual at its discretion.
Media credentials are available to the following journalists who provide appropriate documentation. The Academy also reserves the right to request this documentation be provided in advance of the conference.
- Editor (all levels)
Business card from an established publication or news organization containing your title
- Publisher (one per publication)
Business card from an established publication containing your title
- Reporter, producer, photographer, camera crew
Business card or current press identification card
- Freelance writer
- Original dated letter from editor containing a specific assignment and referencing how FNCE will help supplement that assignment.
- Two samples of bylined articles the writer has published since January 1, 2013.
- In accepting the Academy's press credentials, a freelance writer agrees to provide the Academy – within 30 days of publication – a copy or web link of at least one article published before May 31, 2014, containing information the writer gathered at this conference. Failure to do so will result in denial of media credentials for future Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo.
- Website Writers, Editors and Bloggers
- To be eligible for Academy media credentials, blogs and websites must contain original, dated, industry-related news content above and beyond links, forums, troubleshooting tips and reader contributions, and must be updated at least daily.
- All websites and blogs must have been in operation for at least six (6) months and receive at least 20,000 unique site visitors per month.
- All applicants must submit traffic data from a third party (Sitemeter, Technorati, Feedburner, iTunes or an equivalent) in order to be considered.
- In accepting the Academy's press credentials, website editors and bloggers agree to provide the Academy – within 30 days of publication – a web link of at least one article published before May 31, 2014, containing information the writer gathered at this conference. Failure to do so will result in denial of media credentials for future Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo.
- The Academy reserves the right to refuse media credentials to any blog writer at its discretion.
The following individuals are not eligible for media credentials and will not have access to the Press Room. They must register through Academy Meeting Services and pay the conference registration fee:
- Freelance writers (including book authors) who are not on a specific assignment
- Newsletter editors or writers
- All non-editorial personnel from journalistic organizations such as marketing, public relations or advertising/sales representatives
- Individuals or representatives of communications organizations whose main objective is to promote their products or services, such as marketing, advertising, financial analysis or public relations firms
Photography and/or videography on the exhibition floor without prior permission from the Academy's public relations team is strictly prohibited. Any media professional found taking photographs or video without permission will face revocation of his or her media credentials.
Display of Non-Academy Media Materials
Reasonable quantities of news releases, press kits, books or other materials from groups, individuals or corporations that are exhibiting at FNCE – including industry representatives, public relations firms, authors or communications companies – may be displayed in the Exhibitor Press Room.
For more information, call 800/877-1600, ext. 4769, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.