The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics invites exhibitors to participate in the 2013 Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo in Houston, held October 19 to 22. Participation in our conference offers unequalled opportunities to align company products and services with the vision and objectives of our members. Learn more about the conference and expo with these frequently asked questions for exhibitors.
- Is there a way for me to speak at the conference?
The Call for Educational Sessions for the 2012 FNCE is now closed. The Call for Educational Sessions for the 2013 FNCE to be held October 19 to 22 in Houston, Texas, was open from September 1, 2012 to November 15, 2012. Please visit 2013 FNCE Call for Sessions for full details on how to submit a proposal for an Educational Session.
In 2013, exhibitors can participate in Expo Briefings, where exhibitors can speak on a variety of scientific and evidence-based topics. These 20-minute sessions will take place in the Expo Hall and offers exhibitors an opportunity to showcase cutting-edge research to attendees. Learn more »
- What is the payment schedule for reserving exhibit space?
Exhibitors who are accepted prior to May 1, 2013 must include a 50% deposit with the Application & Contract to Exhibit. Deposit can be made by check (in U.S. funds, payable to Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics), Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover. All exhibitors agree to pay the balance due no later than May 1, 2013. Contracts received after May 1, 2013 must be accompanied by the full payment. All applications are subject to review and approval by the Academy and all exhibitors must agree to abide by all requirements, restrictions and obligations set forth in the Rules and Regulations in the Exhibitor Prospectus.
- What is the Cancellation Policy?
Exhibitors wishing to cancel or down size their booth space must inform the Academy of their intent in writing. If space is cancelled or reduced by an exhibitor on or before January 15, 2013, a refund will be made less a 50% service charge based upon the full cost of the initially contracted booth space. In no event shall the booth deposit of 50% of total booth rental fees be refunded if booth space is cancelled. There will be no refund issued to companies who cancel or down size their booth space after May 1, 2013. No exceptions will be made. Any space not occupied by 6 p.m. on Saturday, October 19 for which no special arrangements have been made, may be reassigned by the Academy without refund.
- When does Exhibitor Registration open?
Exhibitor Registration opens June 14, 2013. Stay tuned for more information about registration in the Exhibitor Service Manual, which will be available May 1, 2013.
- How do I make my hotel arrangements?
You can make all of your hotel arrangements through the Academy's official housing bureau, onPeak, LLC. Exhibitor Housing opens June 15, 2013. We recommend booking your hotel on or as close to the opening of housing as certain hotels sell out quickly. We have eight participating hotels with room blocks for FNCE 2013. Group blocks will be allowed at the headquarters hotel. More information will be available in the Exhibitor Service Manual.
- What are priority points?
The priority point system governs assignment of space at the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics' Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo (FNCE) and is based on a company's years of participation in the Expo and the size of booth space reserved in the previous years.
Priority for space assignment is based on points awarded to previous Academy exhibitors during the period five years prior to the exposition for which the application is being made. Points are accumulated as follows:
- Two points per 100 square feet of booth space utilized per year for the past five years.
- Ten bonus points for five consecutive years of exhibiting at FNCE. The bonus points are forfeited if the exhibitor misses a year during this five year period.
- How do I update my company information for the Expo Guide?
Exhibitors can access their booth profile information via the Academy's Exhibitor website, www.eatright.org/FNCE/Exhibitors. Confirmed exhibitors can login and update company information, description and product categories that will be used in the "Expo" section of the official FNCE Program Book. The deadline for submitting the company booth profile for inclusion into the 2013 Program Book is June 28, 2013.
We have recently learned that two companies, "Expo-Guide S de RD de CV" and "Fairguides" are soliciting for an exhibitor directory that references FNCE 2010, FNCE 2011 and FNCE 2013. Please be advised that both of these companies have no relationship or affiliation with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics or the Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo (FNCE). These companies appear to operate in foreign countries and we encourage all of our exhibitors to disregard these solicitations.
- How can I set my company apart from others on the Expo floor?
More than 350 exhibitors are expected to participate in FNCE 2013. There are a number of ways to maximize your exposure: the Expo Briefings, the Center for Career Opportunities, the Product Marketplace, placement in a specialty pavilion, and more.
- Expo Briefings: Eight exhibitors will have the opportunity to make an impact on FNCE attendees by hosting a 20-minute briefing on the Expo floor, providing attendees with continuing education credits. A meeting area that seats 60 will be created on the Expo floor for exhibitors to present scientific and evidence-based topics. Content must be educational in nature, comply with the Academy's accreditation guidelines, and cannot be a sales pitch. Contact Katie Burke (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information on fees and to begin the content review process.
- Center for Career Opportunities: This one-day career fair is a great opportunity for exhibitors to meet leading candidates in the food and nutrition industry, gather resumes and speak to potential applicants. This year, the Center for Career Opportunities is also open to companies and institutions that have internship opportunities and graduate programs. Contact Katelyn Wujciga (email@example.com) for more information.
- FNCE Event Sponsorship: Exclusive to only 10 companies, the FNCE Event Sponsor package is an ideal way to go beyond your booth and set your company apart from the other exhibitors, drive traffic to your Expo booth and maximize your exposure not only during the show, but before and afterward as well. Contact Abby Manger (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information on sponsorship opportunities at FNCE.
- Pavilions: The Expo Hall has five pavilions. These pavilions are designed to maximize exposure by creating "destinations" on the show floor that are based on a common theme — allowing popular groups of companies to be able to showcase their products in one place. Pavilions include the California Fresh, Diabetes, Natural & Organic, Gluten-free, and NEW Vegetarian! Contact Katie Burke (email@example.com) for more information.
- Focus Groups: Reach your qualified target audience and gather their opinions, beliefs and attitudes about your company, product or service. FNCE is the perfect venue to conduct a Focus Group. Contact Katie Burke (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- New Product Showcase: Do you have a new product? Companies will have the opportunity to promote a new product (premiering between October 2012 and October 2013) on-site and on-line. All new products will be featured on the Academy’s Exhibitor Web site 3 months in advance of the FNCE 2013, and it will remain on the Web site after the conference for 3 months. They will also be highlighted in the FNCE Program Book and showcased on-site. Contact Katie Burke (email@example.com) for more information.
- When can we set up or tear down our booths? What are the show hours?
Exhibitors may set up their booths during specified hours on October 17 to 19; booth dismantle hours will be held October 22 to 23. The Expo dates are October 20 to 22. View complete details »
- What comes with my booth when I become an exhibitor?
As an exhibitor, you receive:
- Choice selection from prime booth locations in the Expo Hall
- 8'- high back drape
- 3'- high side rail drape
- 7' x 44" identification sign
- 24-hour perimeter security
- Access to purchase the exclusive list of conference attendees
- Description of your products/services in the official FNCE Program Book that is distributed to all conference attendees on-site and serves as a valuable post-conference reference*
- Listing in the FNCE Preview Brochure*
- Listing in the fall edition of the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the official journal of the Academy, which is read by more than 100,000 dietetic professionals.
* Based on meeting deadline requirements
- What is the Exhibitor Service Manual?
The Exhibitor Service Manual is a comprehensive online tool for ordering all of your show services for the Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo! It also includes the Academy's rules and regulations for booth construction, and other important show details, like hotel information. Use the Exhibitor Service Manual to keep track of important deadlines and receive advance notice of early-bird pricing for show services. The 2013 Exhibitor Service Manual will be available May 1, 2013.
- Where can I find the Official FNCE Show Policies?
With so many people in one building, it is our goal to ensure the safety of and enjoyment for all attendees and exhibitors. We appreciate your cooperation in adhering to all of the Academy's Official Show Policies, which cover topics such as Distribution of Literature, Products, Food and Beverages; Use of Rolling Carts and Strollers; Attendance Policies; Photography and Videography Policies; and the Cancellation/Refund Policy. Updated policies and procedures are available via the Exhibitor website, www.eatright.org/FNCE/exhibitors.
- What is the Product MarketPlace? Can I participate?
This unique one-day exhibit is only open to Academy members. It is an opportunity for Academy members to display products that they own to their peers at the 2013 Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo. Qualified participants will be given a ribbon identifying them as a Member Product MarketPlace participant. Two booth types are available — contact Katelyn Wujciga (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- What is the Center for Career Opportunities? Can I participate?
This one-day career fair is a great opportunity for exhibitors to meet leading candidates in the food and nutrition industry, gather resumes and speak to potential applicants. This showcase is also open to companies and institutions that have internship opportunities and graduate programs. Contact Katelyn Wujciga (email@example.com) for more information.
- What services does the Academy provide Exhibitors?
As an exhibitor, there are several tools at your disposal to ensure your success at the 2013 Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo, including the Exhibitor Service Manual, Exhibit Right Newsletter, and Exhibitor website to assist in planning for the event. In addition, the Academy offers pre- and post-conference access to attendee mailing lists; exposure via the official program book and in the Exhibitor Resource Directory Journal supplement; Expo Briefings on the Expo floor and more. Contact Katie Burke (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Do exhibitors have access to the media?
Companies exhibiting at the 2013 Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo are eligible to display press materials in the Exhibitor Press Room, which will be open to members of the media. This is an opportunity to promote your products and services through news releases, press kits, books and other corporate materials from industry representatives, public relations firms, authors or communication companies. Table space is allotted on a first-come, first-served basis and exhibitors are responsible for keeping their press material stocked. Materials must be hand-delivered to the Exhibitor Press Room between Saturday, October 19, and Tuesday, October 22, 2013. No materials mailed in advance will be included in the room. All materials remaining by noon on Tuesday, October 22, will be recycled. Events, private meetings or press conferences may not be held in the press room. See the Exhibitor Press Room policy for guidelines and additional details.
- Do exhibitors get complimentary passes to conference sessions?
Each exhibiting company receives a complimentary allotment of both Expo/Session badges, which allows access in and out of the Expo Hall and in and out of educational sessions. Exhibiting companies also receive a complimentary allotment of Booth Personnel badges, which allows access in and out of the Expo Hall only. Allotments are based on the booth size of the exhibiting company. Additional Expo/Session badges and Booth Personnel badges may be purchased through the Exhibitor Registration website. Exhibitor Registration opens June 14, 2013. See the Housing and Registration link on the Exhibitor website, www.eatright.org/FNCE/Exhibitors, for additional information.
- When will we receive our badges?
All badges will need to be picked up at registration through the Express badge pick-up. Exhibit badges will not be mailed out in advance. Exhibitors are encouraged to pre-register their exhibit booth personnel in advance.
- Are there other conferences besides FNCE that I can become involved in through the Academy?
The Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo is the only conference that the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics sponsors. The Academy has many chapters and affiliates. These chapters do not have direct affiliation with the Academy Headquarters and their meetings are not managed by Academy Headquarter staff. However, each of the Academy chapters or affiliates does hold events throughout the year. Learn more about Academy Affiliates »