The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics invited exhibitors to participate in the 2015 Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo™ in Nashville, Tennessee, held October 3 – 6. Participation in our conference offered unequalled opportunities to align company products and services with the vision and objectives of our members. Learn more about the conference and expo with these frequently asked questions for exhibitors.
- Is there a way for me to speak at the conference?
Please visit 2014 FNCE® Call for Sessions for full details on how to submit a proposal for an Educational Session. In 2015, exhibitors can also participate in Expo Briefings, where exhibitors speak on a variety of scientific and evidence-based topics. These 20-minute sessions will take place in the Expo Hall and offers exhibitors an opportunity to showcase cutting-edge research to attendees. Learn more »
- What is the payment schedule for reserving exhibit space?
2014 FNCE® Exhibitors who renewed their booth space on-site had to pay a non-refundable reservation fee of 10% of their booth rate. Exhibitors who were accepted after the on-site renewal and prior to May 1, 2015 must include a 50% deposit with the Application & Contract to Exhibit. Deposit can be made by check (in U.S. funds, payable to Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics), Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover. All exhibitors agree to pay the balance due no later than May 1, 2015. Contracts received after May 1, 2015 must be accompanied by the full payment. All applications were subject to review and approval by the Academy and all exhibitors must agree to abide by all requirements, restrictions and obligations set forth in the Rules and Regulations in the Exhibit Application/Contract.
- What is the Cancellation Policy?
Exhibitors wishing to cancel or down size their booth space must inform the Academy of their intent in writing. If space is cancelled or reduced by an exhibitor on or before January 15, 2015, a refund will be made less a 50% service charge based upon the full cost of the initially contracted booth space. In no event shall the booth deposit of 50% of total booth rental fees be refunded if booth space is cancelled. There will be no refund issued to companies who cancel or down size their booth space after May 1, 2015. No exceptions will be made. Any space not occupied by 6 p.m. on Saturday, October 3 for which no special arrangements have been made, may be reassigned by the Academy without refund.
- When does Exhibitor Registration open?
Exhibitor Registration opens June 16, 2015. Stay tuned for more information about registration in the Exhibitor Service Manual, which will be available May 2015.
- How do I make my hotel arrangements?
You can make all of your hotel arrangements through the Academy's official housing bureau, onPeak, LLC. Exhibitor Housing opens June 16, 2015. We recommend booking your hotel on or as close to the opening of housing as certain hotels sell out quickly. We have seven participating hotels with room blocks for FNCE® 2015. Group blocks will NOT be allowed at the headquarters hotel. More information will be available in the Exhibitor Service Manual.
- What are priority points?
The priority point system governs assignment of space at the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics' Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo (FNCE®) and is based on a company's years of participation in the Expo and the size of booth space reserved in the previous years. Priority for space assignment is based on points awarded to previous Academy exhibitors during the period five years prior to the exposition for which the application is being made. Points are accumulated as follows:
- Two points per 100 square feet of booth space utilized per year for the past five years.
- Ten bonus points for five consecutive years of exhibiting at FNCE®. The bonus points are forfeited if the exhibitor misses a year during this five year period.
- How do I update my company information for the Expo Guide?
Exhibitors can access their booth profile information via the Academy's Exhibitor website and Login page. Confirmed exhibitors can login and update company information, description and product categories that will be used in the "Expo" section of the official FNCE® Print Program Book. The deadline for submitting the company booth profile for inclusion into the 2015 Program Book is June 27, 2015.
We have recently learned that two companies, "Expo-Guide S de RD de CV" and "Fairguides," who are soliciting for an exhibitor directory that references FNCE® 2010 - 2014. Please be advised that both of these companies have no relationship or affiliation with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics or the Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo (FNCE®). These companies appear to operate in foreign countries and we encourage all of our exhibitors to disregard these solicitations.
- How can I set my company apart from others on the Expo floor?
More than 350 exhibitors are expected to participate in 2015 FNCE®. There are a number of ways to maximize your exposure: the Expo Briefings, the Center for Career Opportunities, Virtual Booth Upgrade Packages, the New Product Showcase, placement in a specialty pavilion, and more.
- Expo Briefings: Nine exhibitors will have the opportunity to make an impact on FNCE® attendees by hosting a 20-minute briefing on the Expo floor! A meeting area that seats 120 will be created on the Expo floor for exhibitors to present scientific and evidence-based topics. Content must be educational in nature, comply with the Academy's accreditation guidelines, and cannot be a sales pitch. Contact Katie Burke (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information on fees and to begin the content review process.
- Center for Career Opportunities: This one-day career fair is a great opportunity for exhibitors to meet leading candidates in the food and nutrition industry, gather resumes and speak to potential applicants. This year, the Center for Career Opportunities is also open to companies and institutions that have internship opportunities and graduate programs. Contact Patrice Pagano (email@example.com) for more information.
- FNCE® Event Sponsorship: Exclusive to only 10 companies, the FNCE® Event Sponsor package is an ideal way to go beyond your booth and set your company apart from the other exhibitors, drive traffic to your Expo booth and maximize your exposure not only during the show, but before and afterward as well.
- Pavilions: The Expo Hall has four pavilions. These pavilions are designed to maximize exposure by creating "destinations" on the show floor that are based on a common theme — allowing popular groups of companies to be able to showcase their products in one place. Pavilions include the California Fresh, Diabetes, Natural & Organic and Gluten-Free! Contact Katie Burke (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Focus Groups: Reach your qualified target audience and gather their opinions, beliefs and attitudes about your company, product or service. FNCE® is the perfect venue to conduct a Focus Group. Contact Katie Burke (email@example.com) for more information.
- New Product Showcase: Do you have a new product? Companies will have the opportunity to promote a new product (premiering between October 2014 and October 2015) on-site and on-line. All new products will be featured on the Academy’s Exhibitor Web site 3 months in advance of the 2015 FNCE®, and it will remain on the Web site after the conference for 6 months. They will also be highlighted in the FNCE® Print Program Book and showcased on-site. Contact Patrice Pagano (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- When can we set up or tear down our booths?
What are the show hours? Exhibitors may set up their booths during specified hours on October 1 to 3; booth dismantle hours will be held October 6 to 7. The Expo dates are October 4 to 6.
- What comes with my booth when I become an exhibitor?
As an exhibitor, you receive:
- Choice selection from prime booth locations in the Expo Hall
- 8'- high back drape
- 3'- high side rail drape
- Identification sign
- 24-hour perimeter security
- Access to purchase the exclusive list of conference attendees
- Description of your products/services in the official FNCE® Program Book that is distributed to all conference attendees on-site and serves as a valuable post-conference reference*
- Listing in the FNCE® Preview Brochure*
- Listing in the fall edition of the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the official journal of the Academy, which is read by more than 100,000 dietetic professionals.
* Based on meeting deadline requirements
- What is the Exhibitor Service Manual?
The Exhibitor Service Manual is a comprehensive online tool for ordering all of your show services for the Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo! It also includes the Academy's rules and regulations for booth construction, and other important show details, like hotel information. Use the Exhibitor Service Manual to keep track of important deadlines and receive advance notice of early-bird pricing for show services. The 2015 Exhibitor Service Manual will be available May 2015.
- Where can I find the Official FNCE® Show Policies?
With so many people in one building, it is our goal to ensure the safety of and enjoyment for all attendees and exhibitors. We appreciate your cooperation in adhering to all of the Academy's Official Show Policies, which cover topics such as Distribution of Literature, Products, Food and Beverages; Use of Rolling Carts and Strollers; Attendance Policies; Photography and Videography Policies; and the Cancellation/Refund Policy. Updated policies and procedures are available.
- What is the Product MarketPlace? Can I participate?
This unique one-day exhibit is only open to Academy members. It is an opportunity for Academy members to display products that they own to their peers at the 2015 Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo. Qualified participants will be given a ribbon identifying them as a Member Product MarketPlace participant. Two booth types are available - contact Patrice Pagano (email@example.com) for more information.
- What is the Center for Career Opportunities? Can I participate?
This one-day career fair is a great opportunity for exhibitors to meet leading candidates in the food and nutrition industry, gather resumes and speak to potential applicants. This showcase is also open to companies and institutions that have internship opportunities and graduate programs. Contact Patrice Pagano (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- What services does the Academy provide Exhibitors?
As an exhibitor, there are several tools at your disposal to ensure your success at the 2015 Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo, including the Exhibitor Service Manual, Exhibit Right Newsletter, and Exhibitor website to assist in planning for the event. In addition, the Academy offers pre- and post-conference to send an e-Blast to FNCE® attendees; exposure via the official program book and in the Exhibitor Resource Directory Journal supplement; Expo Briefings on the Expo floor and more. Contact Katie Burke (email@example.com) for more information.
- Do exhibitors have access to the media?
Yes, exhibiting companies can participate in the Virtual Press Room, allowing you to upload up to 3 press releases. Your press releases will be seen in the following platforms: FNCE® Website through your Online Booth Profile pre- and post-show FNCE® Mobile App - will showcase all Exhibitor Press Releases Pushes to Registered Media at FNCE®
- Do exhibitors get complimentary passes to conference sessions?
Each exhibiting company receives a complimentary allotment of both Expo/Session badges, which allows access in and out of the Expo Hall and in and out of educational sessions. Exhibiting companies also receive a complimentary allotment of Booth Personnel badges, which allows access in and out of the Expo Hall only. Allotments are based on the booth size of the exhibiting company. Additional Expo/Session badges and Booth Personnel badges may be purchased through the Exhibitor Registration website. Exhibitor Registration opens June 16, 2015.
- When will we receive our badges?
All badges will need to be picked up at registration through the Express badge pick-up. Exhibit badges will not be mailed out in advance. Exhibitors are encouraged to pre-register their exhibit booth personnel in advance.
- Are there other conferences besides FNCE® that I can become involved in through the Academy?
The Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo (FNCE®) is the only conference that the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics sponsors. The Academy has many chapters and affiliates. These chapters do not have direct affiliation with the Academy Headquarters and their meetings are not managed by Academy Headquarter staff. However, each of the Academy chapters or affiliates does hold events throughout the year. Learn more about Academy Affiliates »