Speaker: Peter Diamandis
Saturday, October 18
4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Join us for a thought-provoking, innovative look at how human need - water, food, energy, healthcare, education, communication and freedom - is being affected by powerful technologies such as synthetic biology, robotics, biotechnology and medicine. Diamandis, an international pioneer in the field of innovation, will take a look at how these technologies are transforming what was once scarce into something abundant. Providing abundance is humanity's grandest challenge - this is a keynote about how we rise to meet it.
- Ranked as one of the Top 10 TED speakers of all times in a recent full TED review.
- He earned an undergraduate degree in Molecular Genetics and a graduate degree in Aerospace Engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and received his M.D. from Harvard Medical School.
- Chairman and CEO of the X PRIZE Foundation, best known for its $10 million Ansari X PRIZE for private spaceflight. Today the X PRIZE leads the world in designing and operating large-scale global competitions to solve market failures.
- Co-Founder and Vice-Chairman of Human Longevity Inc. (HLI), a genomics and cell therapy-based diagnostic and therapeutic company focused on extending the healthy human lifespan.
- Co-Founder and Executive Chairman of Singularity University, a graduate-level Silicon Valley institution that studies exponentially growing technologies, their ability to transform industries and solve humanity's grand challenges.
- Diamandis is the New York Times Bestselling author of Abundance – The Future Is Better Than You Think. Abundance was #1 on Amazon and #2 on New York Times.
- Diamandis' personal motto is: "The best way to predict the future is to create it yourself."
Speaker: Pamela Jett
Monday, October 20
10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Join us for Straight Talk in a Squiggly World: Ethical Communication for Challenging Situations. Let’s face it; sometimes it is hard to know what to say and how to say it in situations where boundaries are blurry, where agendas and objectives compete, and where issues are emotionally charged. The world of nutrition and dietetics is no exception. Professionals need powerful tools in order to engage in clear, powerful, and professional communication - especially when ethics, values, and emotions are involved.
- Internationally recognized communication skills expert, speaker and author.
- Has worked with a wide-range of clients including those working in the high-tech sector, manufacturing, women's groups, government agencies, and finance and banking
- Communications expert who has given well over 800 presentations to more than 135,000 people in seven countries.
- She is also the author of several video and audio programs, including Communicate with Confidence, Credibility and Influence and Mind Your Own Business: A Career Management System.
- Graduate of San Diego State University with a degree in Speech Communication.
- Master's Degree in Communications and PhD from University of Utah
- Recognized as one of the top 20 speech and debate competitors in the country